Romanticism is a style that started around 1790 finishing around 1850. It was a reaction against the rationalism and order from the Neoclasicism.
- Emotional scenes with conflict and adventure located in exotic and distanct places.
- Baroque influence in creating drama trought rich color and contrasts in light and dark and compostions in strong diagonals.
- Power of nature with tempestous seas and dramatic skies.
- Political, patriot or nationalistic.
- Emotions, drama and sentiment.
HANDOUTS CONNECTED WITH THE LESSON:
VIDEOS TO REVIEW: